Album
时长:
23分钟
播放:
3,368
发布:
1年前
简介...
https://xiaoyuzhoufm.com

大家好,这是分段音频的合订纯享版本,欢迎愿意支持本专辑的朋友进行购买。感谢大家的支持!


购买了本单集的朋友,可以到公众号“高效英语磨耳朵”私信我获取和音频配套的文稿及翻译。



柯南·道尔《福尔摩斯探案集:最后一案》



0:05 PART ONE: A CRIMINAL MASTERMIND


7:52 PART TWO: A NARROW ESCAPE


15:13 PART THREE: THE REICHENBACH FALL



PART ONE: A CRIMINAL MASTERMIND



Almost two years have passed since that terrible day.


自从那可怕的一天过去了将近两年。


I never wanted to speak about it again but I feel it is my responsibility to describe the events leading up to it.


我再也不想谈论它了,但我觉得我有责任描述导致它的事件。


A certain Colonel Moriarty, brother of Professor James Moriarty, is responsible for rumors and lies about the character of my dear friend Sherlock Holmes that I will not repeat here.


詹姆斯·莫里亚蒂教授的兄弟莫里亚蒂上校对有关我亲爱的朋友夏洛克·福尔摩斯性格的谣言和谎言负有责任,我在这里不再重复。


I am the only one who knows what happened between Sherlock Holmes and Professor Moriarty and it is time that the world knew the truth.


我是唯一一个知道夏洛克·福尔摩斯和莫里亚蒂教授之间发生了什么的人,是时候让世界知道真相了。


I still visited 221B Baker Street from time to time when Holmes wanted a companion to help with his investigations, but not as often as before.


当福尔摩斯需要一个同伴来帮助他的调查时,我仍然不时地去贝克街221B号,但不像以前那么频繁了。


In the final year of my visits Holmes spent more and more time alone.


在我访问的最后一年,福尔摩斯独处的时间越来越多。


The mystery he was trying to solve occupied a lot of his time but he wouldn't speak about it, not even to me.


他试图解开的谜团占据了他很多时间,但他不愿谈论它,甚至对我也不说。


One day, in early spring, I received a letter from France.


早春的一天,我收到了一封来自法国的信。


Dear Watson, I am working in France for the French Government on an important matter that will take me many months to solve. The weather is good but the food is not so good. I hope all is well with the surgery. I will write again soon. Sherlock Holmes.


亲爱的华生,我在法国为法国政府工作,处理一件需要数月时间才能解决的重要问题。天气很好,但食物不是很好。我希望你的门诊一切顺利。我很快会再写信的。夏洛克·福尔摩斯。


From the letter it seemed clear that I  would not see him for some time, so you can imagine my surprise when only a month later he appeared at the window of my surgery.


从信中可以明显看出,我在一段时间内不会见到他,所以你可以想象,仅仅一个月后,他出现在我门诊的窗口时,我的惊讶。


He looked pale and very worried.


他脸色苍白,非常担心。


He entered at a door around the side.


他从旁边的一扇门进来。


'I know what you're thinking,' he said before I could speak. 'I look terrible.'


我还没来得及说话,他就说,“我知道你在想什么,我看起来很糟糕。”


I watched as Holmes went around the room making sure all the windows were locked.


我看着福尔摩斯在房间里走来走去,确保所有的窗户都锁上了。


He closed the blinds.


他关上了百叶窗。


'Holmes, what's the matter?' I asked.


“福尔摩斯,怎么了?”我问。


'Air guns,' he replied.


“气枪”,他回答。


'Air guns?'


“气枪?”


'I think you know me by now,' he continued. 'I am not a nervous man but there's a difference between stupidity and courage, and when someone is trying to kill me.…. I don't want them to have a clear shot through your windows. Do you have anything to drink?'


“我想你现在已经认识我了,”他继续说道“我不是一个紧张的人,但愚蠢和勇气是有区别的,当有人想杀我的时候。。。我不想让他们从你的窗户里射进来。你有喝的吗?”


I gave him a glass of water.


我给了他一杯水。


He checked the windows again.


他再次检查了窗户。


'I'm sorry for coming here so late. I won't stay long. I think it's best if I leave over the wall at the back,' he said.


“很抱歉这么晚才来。我不会呆太久的。”他说,“我认为最好从后墙离开。”


'Holmes, please explain what all this is about.'


“福尔摩斯,请解释一下这是怎么回事。”


He said nothing.


他什么也没说。


I looked at his hand.


我看着他的手。


It was bleeding.


它在流血。


I offered him something to clean it with.


我给了他一些东西来擦。


'Holmes, this isn't a little fight. Look at your hand!'


“福尔摩斯,这不是一场小小的战斗。看你的手!”


'Are you alone here in the surgery?' he asked.


“门诊室里只有你一个人吗?”他问。


'Yes, I am now. There is another doctor who helps me during the week.'


“是的,我现在是。本周还有另一位医生帮助我。”


'Maybe he can help while you're away. I want you to come with me on a trip to Europe. I'm not sure of the exact location. We can decide when we get there.'


“也许你不在的时候他可以帮忙。我想让你和我一起去欧洲旅行。我不确定确切的位置。我们可以决定何时到达那里。”


Holmes' behavior was very strange.


福尔摩斯的行为很奇怪。


He never went on holiday.


他从不去度假。


He certainly didn't go on 'trips' for no reason.


他当然没有无缘无故地去“旅行”。


He saw the worried look in my eyes.


他看到了我眼中忧虑的神情。


'There's only one person I can trust with this information, Watson, and that's you. For the first time in my life,' he said, 'I have finally met my equal. His name is known to every criminal in London, but ask anyone in the street and they'll say they've never heard of him. Professor Moriarty! The man is a genius - he's a criminal mastermind!'


“只有一个人我可以信任这些信息,华生,那就是你。他说,这是我人生中第一次,我终于遇到了我的对手。伦敦的每个罪犯都知道他的名字,但问问街上的任何人,他们都会说他们从未听说过他。莫里亚蒂教授!这个人是个天才,他是个犯罪策划者!”


'Moriarty - a mastermind?'


“莫里亚蒂——策划者?”


'You see!' he laughed.


“你看!”他笑了。


'No-one knows the real Moriarty - but I do! The man is responsible for half the crimes in London. I could continue working for the French government. It's a nice life, it's well paid, but I cannot rest until Moriarty is in prison!'


“没有人知道真正的莫里亚蒂,但我知道!这个人对伦敦一半的罪行负责。我可以继续为法国政府工作。这是一种美好的生活,收入丰厚,但在莫里亚蒂入狱之前,我不能休息!”


'Half the crimes in London!' I repeated.


“伦敦一半的犯罪!” 我重复了一遍。


评价...

空空如也

小宇宙热门评论...

暂无小宇宙热门评论

EarsOnMe

加入我们的 Discord

与播客爱好者一起交流

立即加入

扫描微信二维码

添加微信好友,获取更多播客资讯

微信二维码

播放列表

自动播放下一个

播放列表还是空的

去找些喜欢的节目添加进来吧