Day 33 · (内测APP上线) What a Morning | 这一天开局
TingMate被动精听英语
内测上线:添加wx:TingMateEn 会邀请使用哦~
💬 烦请各位分享给更多朋友,素人播客没有推广很难。欢迎评论区留言最喜欢的句子,让我们更了解你,帮助我们创造更多你爱听的内容!
📖 今日全文:
① Listen, I'm not kidding. This just happened this morning.
听我说, 我没骗你。这事就今早刚发生。
② I woke up pretty early.
我起得挺早。
③ So I planned to walk my dog for a bit longer.
所以我打算带狗走久一点。
④ We were on the lakeside path around the apartment.
我们走在公寓湖边那条路上。
⑤ All of a sudden, I saw a snake right on the path.
突然之间, 我看到一条蛇就在路上。
⑥ My neighbors actually keep talking about snakes in the group chat.
邻居们居然一直在群里说附近有蛇。
⑦ But I didn't really take it seriously.
但我之前没当回事。
⑧ That snake was about five feet long.
那条蛇大概有五英尺长。
⑨ My dog and the snake just froze.
我的狗和那条蛇都僵住了。
⑩ I stood there watching them. Dead silent.
我就站在那看他俩。死一般的安静。
⑪ I even thought about calling 911.
我甚至想打 911。
⑫ Then the snake stuck its tongue out at me.
然后那条蛇朝我吐了吐舌头。
⑬ Oh my gosh, what do I do? Is it venomous?
天哪, 我怎么办? 这蛇有毒吗?
⑭ But then she just slithered away.
结果她就这么爬走了。
⑮ What a way to start the day.
这一天开局也是绝了。
📌 关键词:
· woke up early /woʊk ʌp ˈɜːrli/ 早起 / 起得早。wake 加 up 表 "醒来起床", 过去式 woke up。例:I woke up early today / I usually wake up at 7 / don't wake me up too early
· take it seriously /teɪk ɪt ˈsɪriəsli/ 当回事 / 认真对待。take 加 it 加 seriously 固定 collocation。否定形 didn't take it seriously 就是没当回事。例:take this seriously / don't take it too seriously / you should take it seriously
· froze /froʊz/ 僵住 / 呆住 (freeze 的过去式)。形容人或动物突然不动。例:I froze / my dog froze / he froze when he saw me
· stuck out /stʌk aʊt/ 伸出去 / 露出来。stick 加 out 表 "伸出来", 过去式 stuck out。例:stuck out his tongue / stuck out her hand / stuck out from the crowd
· venomous /ˈvenəməs/ 有毒的(动物主动注射毒液型)。蛇 / 蜘蛛 / 蝎子专用。跟 poisonous(被吃 / 被碰才有毒, 比如毒蘑菇)区别。母语者也常混。经典口诀: 你咬它死叫 poisonous, 它咬你死叫 venomous。例:venomous snake / a venomous spider / venomous bite
· slither away /ˈslɪðər əˈweɪ/ 蜿蜒爬走 (蛇专用动词)。slither 是蛇式滑行, away 是离开。例:the snake slithered away / slithering in the grass / slither off
· what a way to start the day /wɒt ə weɪ tə stɑːrt ðə deɪ/ 这一天开局也是绝了 (idiom)。一早遇到糟心 / 出乎意料的事时自嘲用。what a way to 加动词 是万用模板, 表 "这真是个 X 方式"。例:what a way to spend Friday / what a way to celebrate / what a way to start the day
· lakeside path /ˈleɪksaɪd pæθ/ 湖边小路。lakeside 是 lake 加 side, 表 "湖边的"。同模式: riverside / seaside / mountainside。例:lakeside path / a lakeside cafe / lakeside view
· all of a sudden /ɔːl əv ə ˈsʌdn/ 突然之间 = suddenly 的口语版, native 讲故事时高频用。带 "出乎意料" 的色彩。例:all of a sudden, my phone rang / all of a sudden, it started raining / all of a sudden, he was gone
· actually /ˈæktʃuəli/ 居然 / 实际上 / 其实。native 表 "没想到吧 / 其实是这样" 的高频副词。例:actually, I had no idea / he actually showed up / wait, actually, that's wrong
· group chat /ɡruːp tʃæt/ 群聊 / 群消息。group 加 chat, 微信 / WhatsApp / Slack 等的多人群组聊天。例:in the group chat / a family group chat / a work group chat
· five feet long /faɪv fiːt lɔːŋ/ 五英尺长。美国习惯用 feet 不用米。1 foot ≈ 30 cm, 5 feet ≈ 1 米 5。模式: 数字 + feet + 形容词。例:five feet long / six feet tall / two feet wide
· dead silent /ded ˈsaɪlənt/ 死一般的安静。dead 在这里是强化副词, 表 "完全 / 极致"。同模式: dead serious / dead tired / dead wrong。例:dead silent / dead asleep / dead quiet
· 911 /naɪn wʌn wʌn/ 美国紧急报警电话 (police / fire / medical 都打这个)。中国是 110 / 119 / 120。例:call 911 / dial 911 / 911 emergency
明天见。Have a nice day!