Album
时长:
30分钟
播放:
4,120
发布:
1年前
简介...
https://xiaoyuzhoufm.com

大家好,这是分段音频的合订纯享版本,欢迎愿意支持本专辑的朋友进行购买。不想购买的朋友,听对应的分段音频和专题听单可以收听到一样的内容。感谢大家的支持!


购买了本单集的朋友,可以到公众号“高效英语磨耳”私信我获取和音频配套的文稿及翻译。


马克·吐温《百万英镑》


0:05 Chapter One: From San Francisco to London


3:00 Chapter Two: An Unusual Bet


7:20 Chapter Three: The Letter


10:40 Chapter Four: At the Tailor's


14:09 Chapter Five: The Poor Millionaire


17:01 Chapter Six: The Dinner Party


21:52 Chapter Seven: A Million-Dollar Idea


25:38 Chapter Eight: Back to Portland Place



Chapter One: From San Francisco to London


When I was 27 years old, I worked in an office in San Francisco.


27岁时,我在旧金山的一间办公室工作。


I did my job well and my future was promising.


我做得很好,我的未来充满希望。


I was alone in the world and I was happy.


我独自一人在这个世界上,我很快乐。


On Saturday afternoons I didn't work.


星期六下午我不工作。


I sailed my little sail boat on San Francisco Bay.


我在旧金山湾驾驶我的小帆船。


One Saturday afternoon, I sailed out too far.


一个星期六的下午,我出航太远了。


The strong afternoon wind pushed my sail boat out of the bay, into the Pacific Ocean.


下午的强风把我的帆船推出了海湾,驶入了太平洋。


That night, when I had lost all hope, a small British brig saw me and took me on board.


那天晚上,当我失去所有希望时,一艘英国小双桅帆船看见了我,把我带上船。


The brig was sailing to London. The voyage was long and stormy.


双桅帆船正驶向伦敦。航程漫长,风雨交加。


I worked as a sailor to pay for my trip.


我当水手是为了支付我的旅行费用。


When I arrived in London, my clothes were old and dirty.


当我到达伦敦时,我的衣服又旧又脏。


I had only one dollar in my pocket.


我口袋里只有一美元。


With this dollar, I ate and slept for the first twenty-four hours.


有了这一美元,我在头24小时里吃了睡了。


During the next twenty-four hours, I didn't eat and didn't sleep.


在接下来的24小时里,我没有吃饭,也没有睡觉。


At about ten o'clock the following morning, I went to Portland Place.


第二天早上十点左右,我去了波特兰广场。


I saw a child walking past, holding a big pear.


我看见一个孩子拿着一个大梨走过。


The child ate one small piece and then threw the pear onto the street.


孩子吃了一小块,然后把梨扔到街上。


I stopped and looked at it.


我停下来看着它。


I was very hungry and I really wanted that pear.


我非常饿,我真的很想吃那个梨。


But every time I tried to get it, someone passed by and looked at me.


但每次我试图得到它,都有人走过来看着我。


I quickly turned in the other direction and waited for the person to pass by.


我迅速转向另一个方向,等待那个人经过。


I tried again and again to get that pear, but the same thing happened. I was desperate.


我一次又一次地试图得到那个梨,但同样的事情发生了。我绝望了。


I decided to get the pear and not to worry about the people who saw me.


我决定去拿到梨,不用担心看到我的人。


At that moment, a gentleman opened a window behind me and said, "Come in here, please."


这时,一位先生打开我身后的窗户说:“请进来。”


A well-dressed servant opened the door.


一个穿着考究的仆人打开了门。


He took me to a beautiful room.


他带我去了一个漂亮的房间。


Here, two old gentlemen were sitting and discussing something important.


在这里,两位老先生坐着讨论着一件重要的事情。


Their breakfast was still on the table.


他们的早餐还在桌子上。


I was very hungry and I stared at their breakfast.


我饿极了,盯着他们的早餐。


I want to tell the reader that the two gentlemen had made a bet several days before.


我想告诉读者,这两位先生几天前打赌过。


I knew nothing about the bet until later.


后来我才知道这个赌注。


Let me tell you what happened.


让我告诉你发生了什么事。



评价...

空空如也

小宇宙热门评论...

暂无小宇宙热门评论

EarsOnMe

加入我们的 Discord

与播客爱好者一起交流

立即加入

扫描微信二维码

添加微信好友,获取更多播客资讯

微信二维码

播放列表

自动播放下一个

播放列表还是空的

去找些喜欢的节目添加进来吧