大人日记 Day 73 · Hang In There | 法拉盛的火锅局
TingMate被动精听英语
录音对比打分跟练APP上线, 请在手机应用商城搜索:TingMate
搜索不到请访问 https://tingmate.net
💬 烦请各位分享给更多朋友,素人播客没有推广很难。欢迎评论区留言最喜欢的句子,让我们更了解你,帮助我们创造更多你爱听的内容!
📌 关键词:
· really missed /ˈrɪəli mɪst/ 太想念了 (说法, really miss 某物)。例:really missed / I really missed it / I really miss home
· waited in line /ˈweɪtɪd ɪn laɪn/ 排队 (说法, wait in line for 某物, 美式说法)。例:waited in line / we waited in line / wait in line for an hour
· catch up /kætʃ ʌp/ 叙旧, 聊聊近况 (说法, catch up with 某人)。例:catch up / time to catch up / catch up with an old friend
· got laid off /ɡɑːt leɪd ɔːf/ 被裁员了 (说法)。例:got laid off / he got laid off / laid off last month
· hear back /hɪr bæk/ 收到回音, 有人回复 (说法, 求职投简历常用)。例:hear back / I never heard back / waiting to hear back
· keeps getting /kiːps ˈɡetɪŋ/ 越来越… (说法, keep getting 加形容词, 表持续变化)。例:keeps getting / it keeps getting smaller / keeps getting harder
· hang in there /hæŋ ɪn ðer/ 撑住, 再坚持一下 (说法, 安慰人时用)。例:hang in there / just hang in there / hang in there, buddy
· refer /rɪˈfɜːr/ 内推, 推荐 (动词, refer 某人 to 某处)。例:refer / refer him to a company / can you refer me
📖 今日全文:
① New York is hot too.
纽约也好热.
② And I really missed Chinese food. Bubble tea too.
我太想念中餐了. 还有奶茶.
③ So we took the bus to Flushing.
所以我们坐公交去了法拉盛.
④ It's like a new Chinatown.
那儿就像一个新的唐人街.
⑤ We met a friend there for hotpot.
我们在那儿约了朋友吃火锅.
⑥ And we waited in line for two hours.
我们排了两个小时的队.
⑦ But that gave us time to catch up.
不过正好有时间聊聊近况.
⑧ He told me he just got laid off.
他跟我说他刚被裁了.
⑨ He's been applying everywhere for months. But he almost never hears back.
他好几个月一直在到处投简历. 但几乎没有回音.
⑩ Honestly, the tech job market keeps getting smaller.
说实话, 科技行业的机会是越来越少了.
⑪ I said, hey, hang in there.
我跟他说, 撑住, 再坚持坚持.
⑫ And I'll also refer him to a few more companies.
我也会帮他多推荐几家公司.
⑬ So we stayed until the place closed.
所以我们一直待到店里打烊.
明天见。Have a nice day!